Welcome to Squishdot How-To Newbies Squishdot
 about
 search
 post article
 Documentation
 Mailing Lists
 Bug Tracking
 Development
 Installation
 Upgrading
 Download
 admin
 rdf

 main


seeking ZOPE/Squishdot programmer/help
Squishdot Posted by Harry on Thursday November 04, 06:24PM, 1999
from the earn-your-millions-here dept.
While Squishdot and Zope are 90% ideal for a project I'm developing, the remaining 10% of the functionality will need to be added, and they aren't straight-forward mods (at least to me), so I'm interested in collaborating with someone, for hire, who could implement the modifications and enhancements I need.

Essentially, these enhancements are:

  • A separate, threaded message board for general discussion (we have a design and UI in mind already) that shares messages/threads with the messages posted under articles.
  • An integrated polling/survey tool.
  • An integrated random text displayer.
  • Possibly integration of the Squishdot database into MySQL.
  • various tweaks here and there.
I estimate the duration of the development work to be 1-2 months, with some additional support and tweaks needed later.

Contact me for more information, and if interested.

-Harry

<  |  >

 

Related Links
  • Articles on Squishdot
  • Also by Harry
  • Contact author
  • The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them.
    ( Reply )

    Re: seeking ZOPE/Squishdot programmer/help
    by Danda on Saturday November 06, 03:38AM, 1999
    Why don't you try posting on one of the open source for hire boards:

    www.cosource.com
    http://www.sourcexchange.com/
    http://visar.csustan.edu/bazaar/bazaar.html
    [ Reply to this ]
    Re: Polling
    by JonC on Wednesday November 10, 04:01PM, 1999
    This would be great ... I have been looking at integrating the Poll product into Squishdot with some success - Significant hacking required and thus hugely un-upgradeable during this development phase.

    Has anyone else tried or come up with an alternative solution? Our plan was to try and embed a poll directly into an article and thus be searchable etc (and discussable).

    JonC
    [ Reply to this ]
    The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them.
    ( Reply )

    Powered by Zope  Squishdot Powered
      "Any system that depends on reliability is unreliable." -- Nogg's Postulate
    All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective companies. Comments are owned by the Poster. The Rest ©1999 Butch Landingin, ©2000-2002 Chris Withers.